Louis Kleinschmidt, a son of Charles Kleinschmidt, was born in Prussia,
Germany, December 10, 1841, and came to America with his parents in the
fall of 1856.  In March, 1857, the family removed to Plattin Township,
Jefferson County, Mo., where our subject has ever since resided.  He was 
reared on a farm, and has always devoted his attention to the pursuit 
of agriculture.  His education was acquired in the common schools of his 
native place, and, after coming to this country, he attended the night 
school in St. Louis a short time, which, supplemented with the study of 
the English language at home, completed his education.  During the late 
war he served in the Missouri State Militia, and was in active service 
several months at different times.  March 27, 1864, he married Mary 
Moehlmann, and of the eleven children born to them, nine are now living, 
viz.: Emma C., now the wife of Alvin Gierth, of De Soto; Charles H., Anna 
M., Minnie L., Louis A., Clara, John, Lizzie and Edward. Mr. Kleinschmidt 
owns 350 acres of land, and is engaged in farming and stock raising.  He 
is clerk of the school board.  Mr. and Mrs. Kleinschmidt are members of 
the German Methodist Episcopal Church, in which he has held various offices 
of trust.